Friday, June 4, 2010

Believe in Me

They are the first faces you come to remember
The first voices that teach you language
They are the first people who give you love
And the first people who withhold support when you need it most
Who will doubt your biggest dreams

I don't know if you know me or understand me, but get this: I am dedicated to who I've been chosen and called to be. However, every day it seems like I'm fighting a never ending battle with those around me. I feel like I want so bad to achieve this goal, but everybody is looking at the impossibility of the situation. I'm looking at what God told me. I know that I'm destined to do this, but I feel like no one really supports my dreams.

I've tried to tell my family about my musical aspirations with little to no reaction, I've tried to get them to read my blog and no one does, I've tried to tell them my dreams to do event planning and working in broadcast but no one seems the least bit supportive. They don't even seem to care.

I guess I've got to learn to do this for me, but it gets so hard when you really want something and you want people to believe in you.

I just want them to believe in me and give me encouragement. My family hasn't taught me about encouragement really. I've been talked about by my family about being over weight, about my breast being too large (which caused me to get a breast reduction) and even my hair. I just want someone in this family, immediate and distant, to see the potential that so many outside people see in me.

I want them to believe in me.

But maybe I'm wishful thinking and should stick to believing in myself.

& I'll be loving you always

Semaj

No comments: