Thursday, May 13, 2010

No Compromise

Sell a lot of records and you roll a Benz
Swoll up in the spot, now you losing friends
All you wanna do is give the world your heart
but the label tried to make you compromise your art

--Erykah Badu

What can I do? What makes this make sense to me. I know there is no progress without struggle, but geez. All I want is a little support. There is so much that I want to do, but I feel like nobody is really understanding what I'm really trying to do. I know my purpose, I know the plan, I know what I'm supposed to do. I guess I just have to go with that, but I want somebody to support me in that. At least one person. I feel like I'm speaking to thin air most of the time.

I love singing. I love music and I know I was destined for great things, but getting there alone seems impossible. I've got to trust God more. I know he gifted me in this way for a purpose. He gave me this difficult road for a reason and in the end I'll know full well what all of this means. I just get so frustrated during the journey sometimes. I think I just know who I'm supposed to be. I know the things that are to come and people think I'm crazy for thinking this way. I just cannot help but know that greatness lies within me. I just do.


& I'll be loving you always


Semaj

No comments: